Hillside is a small traditional Bed & Breakfast.
Set in an elevated position within Kendal’s conservation area. Just a couple of minutes walk (200 Metres) up hill from the old Historic Market town centre.
You will find Hillside an ideal place for exploring the ‘auld grey town’ and both of the beautiful Lake District and Dales National Parks. Or as a great base for a short business stay.
- Our car parking is on street residential permit parking. We have a limited number of permits which must be pre booked with us for the duration of your stay. 1 per room booked. The permits do not cover commercial vehicles and trailers.
- We have 6 traditional en-suite guest bedrooms. Unfortunately we have no family rooms and don’t accept children under 12 or pets.
- All our en-suites have eco/environmentally friendly free low flow showers (no power showers here). Wherever possible we use low energy light bulbs.
- Our preferred method of payment due upon arrival is by cash, using a business credit card will incur a charge.
There is much to do and enjoy in Kendal including the town trail, riverside walk and great shopping in the town’s historic “yards” all just a short walk down hill.
Local and surrounding treasures include the Brewery Arts Centre, Abbott Hall, the Quaker Tapestry exhibition, Sizergh Castle and Levens Hall.
Kendal also hosts a wide variety of events and festivals throughout the year, including the Westmorland County Show and the Mountain Film festival.
Please browse our Guest Info About Kendal page for some useful local attraction, activities and information guides.
If you wish you can download directions and a parking map as well as a town map of Kendal by following the link at the bottom of this page.
- PDF: Hillside parking and town map >
- PDF: Places to eat >
- PDF: Kendal Town centre Map >
- Online Map: Hillside Bed & Breakfast on OpenStreetMap >